CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Certificate of Origin Policy
The North Dallas Chamber of Commerce has revised its policy on the issuance of Certificates of Origin effective June 18, 2019.
A Certificate of Origin is needed by local companies who are shipping/exporting products to countries that have requested proof of origin. The Certificate of Origin verifies the country in which the goods were manufactured. Companies are responsible for determining if and what type of Certificate of Origin they need. A Certificate of Origin requires the authorized signature of a local Chamber of Commerce and the seal of that organization, the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce will provide that service to companies complying with the procedure below.
- The Certificate of Origin must be filled out completely and notarized before being presented to the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce.
- An Affidavit of Origin and Indemnification Agreement must be signed by a company officer and presented to the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce. You can download it here.
- For those businesses that are members of the Chamber of Commerce, this document can be signed yearly and will be kept on file.
- For a non-member business, an Affidavit of Origin and Indemnification Agreement must accompany each Certificate of Origin. This document must be provided to the Chamber before a Certificate of Origin will be issued.
- There will be a fee of $15 per certificate (or per use of stamp) for Chamber members and $45 for non-members. If a business asks for an invoice to receive a stamp, they will be charged at the same rate as the certificate.
Please adhere to the following steps to ensure timely processing of your Certificates of Origin:
- You must make an appointment to bring in your Certificate of Origin. Normal appointment hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Staff is intermittently out of the office on Chamber business. If you arrive and the appropriate staff member is not in the office, you will not receive a stamp. Please make an appointment in advance.
- Make sure you fill out the Certificate completely and accurately.
- Make sure that the product information listed is verbatim to what is on the invoice. Do not leave off product numbers, quantities, or descriptions.
- Do not alter the Certificate in any way.
- Have the Certificate notarized before having the Chamber sign.
- Do not wait until the day of your shipment to bring in your Certificate.
The North Dallas Chamber of Commerce staff has the right of refusal for any document that they feel does not meet these guidelines.